Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trotting

The second time I rode was similar to the first. I got put on Jake, and basically just walked around the corral.

After a while of this, Ken's mom came out to watch. Both her and Ken encouraged me to try to trot. Ann said he had a really nice trot. I really didn't know if I should, but then Ken told me he wouldn't let us finish up until I trotted a little bit.

So I tried it. And it was really fun. Trotting is faster than I expected it to be. Or maybe it just seems faster when I'm actually on a horse, as opposed to watching it.

I got off, and Ken trotted around for a bit, and then let me try again. After watching him to it, I felt like I was just a bouncing sack of flour on Jake's back. Ken knew how to get in the rhythm of it. I just tried to stay on. But it was really fun.

I can't wait to do it again, and learn how to do it properly.

Until the next ride,

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment